How do you get people to opt in for your email marketing campaign? Here are five creative ways:
- Start a contest – “Enter your contact info for a chance to win a new grill!” Everybody loves contests, and joining an email list is less painful than shelling out for raffle tickets.
- Distribute valuable information – An email offer is just an email offer, but an email newsletter or “article of the month” is information worth signing up for. By offering readers a steady stream of interesting, entertaining content, you also cement your position as an expert on the topics at hand.
- Tie email signups to discounts – “Get 25% off our newest model when you sign up for our monthly e-newsletter!” Try offering exclusive discounts, coupons, rebates and other deals to individuals who are willing to become a part of your email list. You might even consider promoting this arrangement as an ongoing “Price Club” to retain your newfound friends.
- Offer an exclusive free item – Do you have a genuinely helpful and relevent product that would entice your audience, such as a white paper or short e-book? If not, cook one up. People love free gifts, or at least gifts that require minimal response on their part. You won’t be making a direct profit on the item itself, but the gain in your audience size could prove more than reward enough.
- Recycle old incentives – That contest you ran two years ago or free gift you offered last year may be nothing new to your regular customers, but it’s new to those first-timers who are just now discovering your company. Why not pull them out of the trunk and offer them again? This method requires no new work from you and allows a new crowd to get excited about old material, assuming that the item itself is not outmoded.
Now, go stir up some excitement!